Training & Professional Development
Local Government Procurement (LGP) offers training and professional development programs to help improve and enhance the skills of staff involved in purchasing across NSW councils.
There are a variety of opportunities for council staff to get involved in LGP programs:
- Procurement Training - LGP offers a range of training modules and programs to educate government staff on procurement, stores, contracts and other areas of supply management
- The Procurement Network - a simple way for procurement and purchasing managers, contract managers (or other local government staff) to stay in touch
- The Procurement Mentorship Program - mentorship programs are an invaluable part of the development of any professional
- The LGP Annual Conference – the conference presents sessions on a variety of topics to assist procurement professionals in their roles within council
- Procurement Awards - the procurement awards are sponsored by LGP.